Home » Tags » cherry
Articles Tagged: cherry
Rob Roy MacGregor (1670-1734) fought to protect the farmers’ way of life, earning the respect of this fellow Highlanders and a prison sentence for treason. He escaped (several times, actually) and lived the remainder of his life as an outlaw. The Rob Roy cocktail was created in 1894 to celebrate the opening of the Herald Square musical that paid homage to this Scottish folk hero. Courtesy of Dewar’s Scotch Whisky.
The Whiskey Sour, is arguably the most popular of the Sour Family of classic cocktails. People have been drinking whiskey sours for well over 150 years, having sprung up it the 1850′s or 1860′s. The first print mention of a Whiskey Sour recipe appeared in a Waukesha, Wisconsin newspaper in 1870.
KEEP IN TOUCH
Find Drinks by Ingredient
Find Drinks by OccasionRecentNew Drinks
- Win a Trip To Portland for Two From Aviation American Gin
- Richard Christy Blind Tastes Beer With His Ass. Get 5 out 6 Correct! (NSWF)
- Sips & Apps – Literary Monday
- Box For A Bottle – Buyers Guide
- The Cocktails of the Ritz Paris – Literary Monday
This Week's Drink!