St. Patrick’s Day may be about drinking, but you still have to eat! Here’s a fun way to turn the classic corned beef and cabbage meal into a finger-food appetizer for your Irish festivities this year.
Erin go Bragh!
6 Savoy cabbage leaves
½ cup stone-ground mustard
2 slices dark rye bread
½ lb corned beef
Trim off the white core at the bottom. Steam cabbage leaves for no more than 2 minutes. Rinse with cold water and pat dry. Cut leaves in half length-wise.
Cut rye bread and corned beef into strips. Spread mustard onto the bread strips and place corned beef on top. Lay the bread/corned beef section on a half cabbage leaf and roll.
Ideas for optional dips or alterations:
- Dip idea: Mix equal parts mayonnaise and chopped dill
- Dip idea: Mix 1/4 cup sour cream with 3 tbsp. prepared horseradish
- Alteration: Leave out the bread for a low-carb appetizer
- Alteration: Don’t steam the cabbage for a crispier treat
Other St. Patrick’s Day party recipes:
- Irish Car Bomb cupcakes
- Whisky cupcakes
- St. Patrick’s Day cocktails
- How to pour a perfect Guinness pint
Recipe inspired by The Food Network.