Whether you’re a Steelers or Cards fan, chili is a tasty way to tame your hunger so you can focus on yelling at the screen and second guessing the coach.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 16 oz cans kidney beans, drained
- 2 14 oz cans tomatoes, chopped
- 1 white onion
- 1 red bell pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tbs chili powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp coarse salt
- 1 tsp parsley
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 poblano pepper, chopped
In a skillet with a drizzling of olive oil, saute half the chopped onion and one clove minced garlic. Brown the ground beef (adding salt and pepper to taste) with the onion and garlic and drain. Mix all the ingredients into a slow cooker and put it on high for an hour. Change the heat to low and leave in the pot for 5 hours.
If you want to get fancy, serve the chili in individual biscuit bowls or as a topping for burgers, fries and hot dogs.
Other chili recipes:
- Spicy Bourbon Chili (for those who like their chili hot and boozy)
- El Cid Chili (made with chorizo and steak for extra meaty goodness)