It’s Presidents Day!
Not all of out Commanders-in-Chief have been drinkers but many (actually most) have. Several, such as Thomas Jefferson and George Washington ran distilleries as part of their households. After signing the Declaration of Independence, the delegates drank heavily. As they did back then. The trend continues today.
Here’s some of the libations enjoyed by our presidents
- Gerald Ford: Gin and Tonic
- Herbert Hoover: Martini
- Richard Nixon: Rum & Coke
- Franklin D. Roosevelt: Martini
- Harry Truman: Bourbon specifically Maker’s Mark
- Lyndon Johnson: Scotch and Soda
- US Grant: Bourbon
- Warren Harding: Everything
- Teddy Roosevelt: Mint Julep
- Barak Obama: Beer
- Thomas Jefferson: French and Italian Wine
A bit more …