Keeping a big bowl of punch chilled can be tricky. You don’t want to use standard ice cubes, because they will melt fairly quickly and water down your punch.
The best way to keep your punch cold is with a large block of ice. A pretty way to do this is to make an ice ring filled with fruit or other garnishes. Here’s how:
- Find a large bundt cake pan or other large, metal form pan.
- Arrange your fruit or other items along the bottom and side of the pan.
- Fill it only partially with water, so that the fruit does not float around or gather in a clump.
- Freeze the partially filled pan.
- When frozen, remove the pan and fill to the top with additional water.
- Freeze again.
- Remove from freezer and use warm water to loosen the ice from the pan.
- Place ice ring in your punch and enjoy!
For your garnish, choose an item that is in the recipe or compliments it. Suggestions for garnishes in your ice:
- Lemon and lime slices
- Black berries
- Cucumber slices