As more and more distilleries open around the world, many are embracing the use of sustainable methods. The week’s drink come to us from Pisco Portón, a Peruvian mosto verde pisco, committed to sustainability. It is made at the oldest working distillery in the Americas, Hacienda la Caravedo, a distillery that combines age-old Pisco making traditions with eco-friendly modern technology, including:
- A roof garden that naturally converts carbon dioxide emitted by fermentation into oxygen, reducing environmental harm
- Gravity-fed channels which decrease reliance on electrical pumps, and
- A water treatment system that recycles water from the distillation process into irrigation water for the vineyards
- 1 ½ parts Pisco Portón
- ½ part fresh organic lime juice
- ½ part agave nectar
- ¼ part organic, cage-free egg whites
- Angostura Bitters
Shake ingredients with ice.
Strain into chilled glass.
Garnish with a dash of bitters.
Try this – Infuse the pisco with spring produce, such as rhubarb or strawberries in an infusion jar for several days.
courtesy Pisco Patron