The Manhattan is one of my favorite cocktails, yet some bars make me sad by shaking this drink instead of stirring it. Overall, a good rule of thumb to follow is that if a drink consists of all alcoholic mixers (as this one does), then stirring is sufficient to mix the drink. As Robert Hess points out in this instructional video, it also makes for a much more visually appealing cocktail. Check out this video … Read more
Home » Tags » technique
Articles Tagged: technique
Saturday, January 23, 2010
Many cocktails are enhanced with a rim of salt or sugar around the glass. Think of the salt coating a margarita glass. It looks great, and it’s also really easy! Here’s how you do it.
Moisten the rim. For drinks that contain lemon or lime: take a wedge of the citrus with a slot cut into it and put it on the rim. Squeeze gently as you rub it around the rim of the … Read more
KEEP IN TOUCH
Find Drinks by Ingredient
Find Drinks by OccasionRecentNew Drinks
- Win a Trip To Portland for Two From Aviation American Gin
- Richard Christy Blind Tastes Beer With His Ass. Get 5 out 6 Correct! (NSWF)
- Sips & Apps – Literary Monday
- Box For A Bottle – Buyers Guide
- The Cocktails of the Ritz Paris – Literary Monday
This Week's Drink!