The word “punch” is derived from the Hindu word “panch or paunch” meaning “5”. Thus, there are typically five main components to a punch- Spirits, spice, citrus, water (or other dillutant, eg. Tea) and a sweetener. This is a modern interpretation of this classic 17th/18th century “punch service” style of imbibing. Courtesy of Domaine de Canton.
Home » Tags » Rittenhouse
Articles Tagged: Rittenhouse
KEEP IN TOUCH
Find Drinks by Ingredient
Find Drinks by OccasionRecentNew Drinks
- Win a Trip To Portland for Two From Aviation American Gin
- Richard Christy Blind Tastes Beer With His Ass. Get 5 out 6 Correct! (NSWF)
- Sips & Apps – Literary Monday
- Box For A Bottle – Buyers Guide
- The Cocktails of the Ritz Paris – Literary Monday
This Week's Drink!