The mint julep and the Kentucky Derby have become synonymous, but how and why? The history of the Mint Julep can be traced back to the 1700s on the southern east coast of the United States. Some say it was an evolution of a Arab drink called made of water and rose petals called a Julab. Regardless, the first instance of the Mint Julep in print was in 1803s Travels of Four Years and a … Read more
Home » Tags » Kentucky Derby cocktail
Articles Tagged: Kentucky Derby cocktail
Dress up your bourbon for Derby day!
2 parts Basil Hayden’s Bourbon
½ part Lillet Rouge
½ part Lillet Blanc
Combine ingredients and shake over ice. Strain into a chilled cocktail glass. Garnish with a large orange twist.
Courtesy of Basil Hayden Bourbon.
KEEP IN TOUCH
Find Drinks by Ingredient
Find Drinks by OccasionRecentNew Drinks
- Win a Trip To Portland for Two From Aviation American Gin
- Sips & Apps – Literary Monday
- Box For A Bottle – Buyers Guide
- The Cocktails of the Ritz Paris – Literary Monday
- Ladies, Sauza Wants You to Make It With A Lifeguard
This Week's Drink!