The Whiskey Sour, is arguably the most popular of the Sour Family of classic cocktails. People have been drinking whiskey sours for well over 150 years, having sprung up it the 1850′s or 1860′s. The first print mention of a Whiskey Sour recipe appeared in a Waukesha, Wisconsin newspaper in 1870. … Read more
Home » Tags » THIS WEEK’S DRINK
Articles Tagged: THIS WEEK’S DRINK
Manny Hinojosa, mixologist and bar manager at the Walnut Creek Yacht Club submitted this drink recently. He’s been mixing up some amazing cocktails and this one is no exception. Gin, Campari, fresh strawberry puree, a little lemon juice, simple syrup and of course balsamic vinegar give this cocktail a nice tang and touch of sweet.… Read more
Just in time for the release of Sex and the City 2, Cointreau asked legendary mixologist Dale DeGroff to put a new twist on the Cosmopolitan. Dale popularized the Cosmo back in the early 1990s at the Rainbow Room in New York. He whipped up a batch for Madonna and entourage after the Grammys. The media picked up photos of the Material Girl sipping a Cosmo and the rest is history.
Dale created the … Read more
It’s Friday, how about some absinthe? Here’s a few fun facts from Lucid.
1. It’s legal! And has been since 2007. Lucid (and Viridian Spirits) lobbied the US government to lift the 95-year ban and now absinthe is sold in all 50 states.
2. Contrary to popular belief, absinthe doesn’t make you hallucinate. This is a popular absinthe myth and is 100% false. Of course, consuming any spirit (especially one with an extraordinarily high proof) … Read more
Find Drinks by Ingredient
Find Drinks by Occasion
- Show Me the Chocolate
- Last Minute Gift Ideas from Guinness That Help Firefighters
- Deck the Halls with Less-Frizzled Hosts
- Wines That Rock For the Holidays and After
- Happy Repeal Day – aka Cinco de Drinko
This Week's Drink!