Home » Tags » THIS WEEK’S DRINK
Articles Tagged: THIS WEEK’S DRINK
It’s Friday, how about some absinthe? Here’s a few fun facts from Lucid.
1. It’s legal! And has been since 2007. Lucid (and Viridian Spirits) lobbied the US government to lift the 95-year ban and now absinthe is sold in all 50 states.
2. Contrary to popular belief, absinthe doesn’t make you hallucinate. This is a popular absinthe myth and is 100% false. Of course, consuming any spirit (especially one with an extraordinarily high proof) … Read more
We recently received a bottle of Absolut Berri Açaí, their new flavored açaí, blueberry and pomegranate flavored vodka, and so I had to make some drinks. For this week’s drink, I combined the açaí with some Pama pomegranate liqueur and fresh lemon juice. What I got was a slightly sweet and refreshing cocktail loaded with anti-oxidants. Tasty and good for you.
The Hal Ligon originated in Key West sometime in the 1930’s when famous local/author Ernest Hemingway and fishing buddy, Hal Ligon, began ordering the drink at nearby bars.
The drink migrated north into mainland Florida but its name eventually evolved into today’s Screwdriver. You can still order the drink by its original name in many South Florida bars. We encourage you to revive its name in your local bar or wherever fine cocktails are enjoyed.
March 12 marks the birthday of the woman credited as the inspiration for the World War II icon Rosie the Riveter.
A true American icon, whose can-do spirit captured the hearts and minds of Americans for decades,
Rose Will Monroe was a Jill-of-all trades out of necessity, and a fun loving, ambitious woman by nature. She joined thousands of Kentuckians who left their rural homes during World War II in search of good-paying defense jobs.… Read more
KEEP IN TOUCH
Find Drinks by Ingredient
Find Drinks by OccasionRecentNew Drinks
- Win a Trip To Portland for Two From Aviation American Gin
- Richard Christy Blind Tastes Beer With His Ass. Get 5 out 6 Correct! (NSWF)
- Sips & Apps – Literary Monday
- Box For A Bottle – Buyers Guide
- The Cocktails of the Ritz Paris – Literary Monday
This Week's Drink!