Courtesy of SKYY Vodka.
- 1 tbsp. SKYY Infusions Ginger
- 1/3 cup and 0.5 tablespoons sugar
- ½ cup apple cider or apple juice
- 1 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 lb small gala apples (about 4; left unpeeled)
- 1 frozen puff pastry sheet (from a 17 ¼-oz package), thawed
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
Preheat oven to 425°F. Cook 1/3 cup sugar in a dry, 10-inch heavy skillet over moderate heat, undisturbed, until it begins to melt. Continue to cook, stirring occasionally with a fork, until sugar is melted into a pale golden caramel. Tilt skillet and carefully pour in cider and vinegar (caramel will harden and steam vigorously). Simmer over moderately low heat, stirring occasionally, until caramel is dissolved.