Recipe courtesy of Campari.
- 150g tomato pulp
- 4 slices of homemade bread
- 30g pitted olives
- 10g fresh oregano
- 2 anchovy fillets in oil
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of capers in salt
- 1 clove of garlic
1. Cut each slice of bread into 6 square/rectangular pieces. Arrange on a baking sheet and place in a preheated oven at 200°C for 5 minutes (or until toasted), turning halfway through the cooking time.
2. Meanwhile, wash and dry the oregano, scraping the leaves off the stems and chopping with a knife. Rinse the capers under running water to remove the salt then chop together with the anchovies.
3. Peel and crush the garlic then cook in a pan with a little oil until it softens. After about 5 minutes, remove the garlic, turn up the heat, add the capers, anchovies and coarsely chopped olives and stir. Sauté for 1 minute and then add the tomato pulp. Add a little salt and leave to cook for 10 minutes. Stir and turn off the heat.
4. Spread some of the mixture over each slice of toast and sprinkle the oregano over the top. Serve while still warm.
Yields 4 servings.