Created by PB J’s Food Truck in Portland this bacon blueberry laden bit of heaven makes for awesome tailgating, Of course, they’re even better for the morning after.
All you need is a portable propane or electric flat grill & spatula. Skip the pan and make the sandwiches right on the grill.
- 6 Eggs
- 2 cups Half & Half
- 2 tablespoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon of cinnamon
- 1/4 cup of Makers Mark Bourbon
- 8 slices of Challah Bread sliced sandwich width
- 1 1/2 tablespoons PBJ’s Homemade Peanut butter (you can substitute some good peanut butter here)
- 2 stripes of Apple wood smoked bacon cooked crisp
- 100% Maple syrup 1/2 tablespoon
- 1 1/2 tablespoon Oregon Growers Blueberry Jam (or other good quality Blueberry Jam)
- Whisk eggs until beaten.
- Add half & half whisk.
- Add vanilla, cinnamon, Makers Mark. Whisk Soak 8 slices of Challah in batter for 2 – 4 minutes or until soft but not falling apart.
- Pull out and grill at 350 on an electric grill or sauté pan on stove top.
- Grill French toast until med firm texture & golden brown.
- You will be grilling them again when you build them as a sandwich.
Remove from heat and let cool.
- Build your sandwich.
Add peanut butter on one side of French toast.
Add Blueberry jam on other side of French toast.
- Lay Apple wood smoked bacon on peanut butter side.
- Cut bacon in half and layer so you get bacon in every bite.
- Drizzle 100% Maple Syrup on the apple wood smoked bacon side.
- Put the sandwich together and grill again at 350 degrees until you see the peanut butter melting.
- Pull off the grill slice at a diagonal and serve.
Brought to you by Maker’s Mark Bourbon