When Santa comes tonight, surprise him! Instead of putting out milk and cookies, leave out cocktails and candies. I am sure that Santa would appreciate a hot toddy to warm him up or a classic Martini to get his blood flowing.
Here are our top five picks that will knock Santa’s socks off:
- Connie’s Hot Buttered Rum – one of my personal favorite’s. Santa is sure to love this drink and it will keep him warm on his long night of delivering gifts. But, when he stops at my Mom’s house, he will have to have his with her cookies because my Mom’s cookies are as good as her Hot Buttered Rum.
- Tom & Jerry – this is another Christmas classic! In Wisconsin, it is THE Christmas drink with stores all over the state carrying pre-made batter (and some of it’s pretty good). This is another drink that will help keep Santa warm in more ways than one.
- Eggnog – we can’t help ourselves. It’s Christmas and Christmas classics sound good, real good! Eggnog is another one of those drinks that are great and only seem to be drunk at Christmas. So, why not? If you are a Maker’s Mark fan, try our Marker’ Mark Eggnog.
- Martini – we see Santa as a drinker of classic cocktails given that he is classic himself. What is more classic than a Martini! And, this drink will certainly sleigh Santa if he isn’t careful.
- Scotch Spice Holiday Cocktail – you might not think it but Scotch and cinnamon work well together. This is a delicious cocktail that can serve as Santa’s nightcap as he nears the end of his route.
[Photo courtesy of Beebarians.com]