Celebrate Father’s Day by eating and drinking … with Dad, of course!
Here are some recommendations for food and drink to help you say, “Thanks for being my Dad!” After all, he doesn’t need another tie or coffee mug.
- Manhattan or Martini — Traditional, strong and the best! If that sounds like your father, one of these may be the drink for him. Garnish with easy homemade cocktail cherries!
- Blood & Sand — Scotch with OJ, vermouth and Cherry Heering … sounds like a disaster until you taste it and realize it’s genius.
- Backyard Barbecue Michelada — Fancy up that beer and enjoy the weather with this beer cocktail by Jim Meehan of PDT.
- The Happy Dad — Mix him a creative yet simple mixed drink and let him relax.
- BBQ ribs with root beer sauce — Let the grill do the work while you and Dad talk over drinks.
- Grilled corn with sour cream and cotija – Is corn a vegetable? A healthy one? Yes, I think. Good enough, so grill it up.
- Homemade Shake Shack burger — New Yorkers will appreciate the need for a specifically Shake Shake Burger … so make it at home.
- Jambalaya — This is my Dad’s favorite dish, so I’ll probably be making this. Spicy, meaty, easy to shovel in your face … check, check and check.
Best gift idea ever for your Dad? A copy of DIY Cocktails!
Photo courtesy of Neeta Lind.