Plant a tree, organize a neighborhood cleanup, or just recycle. There are a many ways to celebrate Earth Day (of course, every day should be Earth Day) and cocktails are no exception. Many distilleries are employing green practices in their everyday operations. Moon Mountain is one of them. This earth-friendly cocktail is light and refreshing, perfect for protesting a world economic summit, hunting Japanese whalers, or just chillin’ a home (while composting, what else?).
Courtesy Moon Mountain Organic Vodka.
- 1 ½ oz Moon Mountain vodka
- ¾ oz fresh lime juice
- ½ oz agave nectar
- 4 slices of cucumber
- 3 large sprigs of fresh mint
1. Add the cucumber and mint to a cocktail shaker and muddle to release the flavors.
2. Fill cocktail shaker with ice and add Moon Mountain Vodka, lime juice, and agave syrup.
3. Shake vigorously and strain into an old-fashioned glass.
4. Garnish with a slice of cucumber and mint sprig.