As a nod to Kevin Rahm’s (Desperate Housewives and Mad Men) recent wedding where he served Basil Hayden’s, Basil Hayden’s has created Bluegrass Punch. Just in time for the summer entertaining and BBQ season, Bluegrass Punch is inspired by the Kentucky heritage of bourbon and the summer’s freshest fruit. It’s the perfect addition to any summer event as it combines spicy bourbon, tart blueberry and passion fruit juices and mint leaves with a splash of bubbly club soda (or sparkling wine).
- 4 parts Basil Hayden's Bourbon
- 8 parts Blueberry Juice
- 8 parts Passion Fruit Juice
- Sparkling Wine or Club Soda
- Fresh Mint Leaves
1. Add Basil Hayden’s, blueberry juice and passion fruit juice to a punch bowl.
2. Top with club soda, fresh mint leaves and blueberry ice ring before serving.
Blueberry Ice Ring:
1. Freeze one bag of frozen blueberries with water in a bunt cake pan.
2. Dip frozen ring into hot water for a few seconds to un-mold.
3. Place in punch bowl with blueberry side face up.
Created by Debbi Peek, Chicago