- 1 whole turkey breast, 6-8 lbs. Brined in Bourbon Brine
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, minced
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup Maker’s Mark Bourbon
- ¼ cup cider vinegar
- ½ cup apple juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, minced
- ½ lb slab bacon, cut into ¼-inch thick pieces
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced into ½-inch thick pieces
- 1 head fennel, cut into ¼-inch thick slices vertically
- 1 large red onion, cut into ½ inch thick slices/rings
- 10 cloves whole garlic
- 1 gala or granny smith apple, pitted, cut into ¼ inch thick slices
- 4-5 fresh bay leaves
- Salt and fresh black pepper
- 1 recipe Maker’s Mark Bourbon Turkey Gravy
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Remove the turkey breast from the brine and pat the outside and inner cavity dry. Season generously with salt and pepper, and the minced thyme inside and out.
- In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, Maker’s Mark Bourbon, vinegar, apple juice, brown sugar, and rosemary, whisking until well combined.
- In the bottom of a small roasting pan/large casserole dish, arrange the bacon pieces, carrot slices, fennel, onion, garlic, apple slices, and bay leaves. Pour the marinade over the vegetables and then place the turkey breast on top, breast side up.
- Roast the turkey for an hour at 400F, basting occasionally with pan liquid. Reduce the heat to 350F and continue to cook until a meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the breast reads 158F and the skin is golden brown, about an hour and a half more.
- Allow the turkey to rest for at least 30 minutes, tented in foil. The meat will continue to cook as it rests. Slice the turkey breast and serve over the confit of vegetables with the Maker’s Mark Bourbon turkey gravy.
courtesy Maker’s Mark Bourbon Whisky