With the holidays coming up, we know that you might have a little too much fun or indulge too much. We certainly do! At Portland Cocktail Week, we took part in a very informative seminar on hangover cures and healthy drinking. Seriously, I love my life—can you imagine attending seminars on how to drink healthier? We thought that a list of proven hangover remedies might come in handy. Here is a list of eight time-tested cures:
- Water (and plenty of it). Hydrate before you start drinking, try to drink equal parts water and alcohol while drinking, and drink lots of water after the fact.
- Bananas. The potassium in bananas helps replenish your depleted body.
- Fresh fruit juice. The juice helps hydrate you and the vitamins can help too. Skip heavily sugared and preserved juices.
- Eggs. The eggs help break down the toxins in the liver.
- Fresh air. Helps replenish the oxygen in the body.
- Spicy food. Helps to sweat some of the toxins out.
- Burnt toast. The slight charcoal that forms on the toast helps to filter the toxins.
- Alka-Seltzer. Helps with aches, pains and nausea that may result from a night of over-imbibing.
Good luck this holiday season. If you find yourself in need, try one or all of these hangover cures!